Benefits On Doing Bhakti Vrksa in Your Area
Posted March 31, 2012
1. Enables systematic training of new devotees with a set curriculum for 64 weeks.
2. Trains devotees to level where they are committed to serving Srila Prabhupada’s Iskcon, and understand the qualities of a guru and a disciple within a year.
3. Based on Devotee Care Principles - Spiritual, Emotional, Social, and Physical.
4. Trains devotees to lead their own groups within 64 weeks and also keep advancing through continued guidance and support from the seniors.
5. Creates enthusiastic, committed, and energetic devotees who are trained in different devotional activities.
6. As group size is limited to 15, can be conducted in devotee’s homes.
7. Does not consume much time to temple leader’s, but requires their support.
8. Provides increasing service and financial support to temples through continuous growth in quality and quantity of devotees.
9. Provides interesting and highly satisfying engagement for devotees, increasing their commitment to Iskcon.
10. Can be spread all over the city and also in towns and villages where there is no Iskcon centre.
11. No disturbance to neigbours by our programs.
12. Different ethnic, linguistic, and social groups are reached due to individual attention from leaders.
13. Builds a strong, well -knit community of devotees with wonderful Vaishnava qualities.
14. Provides each and every one with a life- time of service.
15.In spite of constant expansion, quality of devotees maintained through personal attention from group leaders.
16. Devotees develop a service mood and so are respectful to authority, warm and loving to each other and to every one else. This attracts more and more people to join.
17. Good relationships are built and any misunderstandings are easily solved as there is good communication between leaders.
18. Regular meetings for all levels of leaders ensures the co-operation of every one as well as the progress of the groups.
The Congregational Development Ministry offers you books and e-books to help members of your community to learn and apply this tool. Here are some of the titles we have available as physical books and e-books.
*New Bhakti Vriksha Manual
A step-by-step guide to implementing dynamic, small-group preaching, the Bhakti-vriksha Manual provides an effective framework to organize, cultivate, and expand the community of devotees.
*Bhakti Vriksha Modules
It is a 64 week practical guide intended to facilitate the application of the Bhakti Vriksha principles very systematically. It is simple and easy to follow.
*The Book of Icebreakers
This book has more than 300 ideas for your Bhakti-vriksha meetings, home programs, youth retreats, seminars, decision-making sessions, reunions, and any time you want to add spice to a gathering.
*The sector Leader
This book is meant for devotees who have been given the responsibility of acting as Sector Leader in Bhakti Vrksa organization. It is also useful for those who have implemented or are thinking of implementing the Bhakti Vrksa program in their yatra.
*The Bhakti Vrksa Leader
This book is meant for devotees who have been given the responsibility of acting as Bhakti Vrksa Leader. It is also useful for those who have implemented or are thinking of implementing the Bhakti Vrksa program in their yatra.
*Counselling in Bhakti Vrksa
Counseling is self-improvement. Some of the reasons people seek counseling include a desire to overcome obstacles in their spiritual life, increase self-confidence, clarify values and priorities, cope with stress, overcome depression, improve relationships with friends and family.
*A hand book for Bhakti Vrksa Members (part 1 and 2)
This book was made to make the job of the Bhakti Vrksa leader easier in training all new Bhakti Vrksa members in learning various slokas, songs and all other aspects of devotional service in small steps.
On behalf of The Congregational Development Ministry,
Madhavi Kirti devi dasi
Post your comments here.
These comments are posted by independent site visitors and are in no way affiliated with Chakra.org or the authors of its content. All comments must be appropriately censored for children. If you want to post anonymously, we can provide you a password for Chakra Dev (email your request to chakradevrequest (@) gmail (.) com ).